Friday, August 19, 2011

What's for dinner? Get creative!

Inventory:
  • long beans
  • red potatoes
  • sweet potatoes
  • garlic
  • onion
  • broccoli
  • eggs
So, what was for dinner? Since hubby was working late, we could cook lite:
  • sauteed long beans with the thai dressing we bought at the farmers market
  • scattered red potatoes with broccoli, onion, garlic & egg (beat egg, grate potatoes, puree broccoli, onion & garlic. Mix, squeeze patties to get out moisture, pan fry in olive oil until personal satisfaction. I like mine crispy.)
  • Sriracha on my plate
I'm certain that I've eaten long beans in a chinese buffet at some point. They didn't taste much different than a string bean, but a bit more tough and less full with moisture. My 3 year old loved the beans with the thai sauce, but it was too sweet for me. Perfect with the sriracha. Struck out with him on the scattered potatoes, but I liked it! He's not a potato fan anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment